Sunday, November 1, 2009

31 October 2009

Back again with some pictures, some of the work was done 2 weeks ago, unfortunately I didn't have much time to post anything, so here goes.

First of, the bench top sanded and washed, I've only sanded it to #240, once my shellac and natural beeswax polish is ready I'll sand it to about #1200, this should bring out the grain nicely.

After the sanding there was plenty of painting, I've painted all the cabinets on the insides as well as the drawer and painted the base on the outside. this was done over the course of the last couple of weeks, a coat of paint here and there after work.

This weekend I finally got around to sanding the cupboard doors and managed to fit them as well.

Another look with all the doors shut, the two end doors need to be straightened out and then fill the gap between them and the drawer, apart from that I'm happy with the way its all turning out.