Sunday, December 6, 2009

5 December 2009

The wall cabinets finally get a coat of paint, once the doors are back on they'll be finished.

I got some of the plumbing done, the pipes for the tap and the waste water will be done when the cabinets are installed.

The finished kitchen cabinets...

The final part for the kitchen is a movable cabinet that will house a small 3-way fridge, hopefully the cabinet will sit the same height as the main cabinet when its on its wheels, why wheels? So i can roll it out next to the BBQ and have extra bench space for preparations and cold drinks available at hand.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

28 November 2009

Shellaced and polished the bench top, varnished the doors, this caused them to be darker then the bench top, I would have preferred it to come out with a darker bench top but it looks ok.

I fixed the gap that was caused by the drawer, looks much better now.

Finished the doors on the wall cabinets, I just need to paint the cabinets themselves, also put all the handles on, there a bit 60's but do the job. In this photo you can see the fixed drawer.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

31 October 2009

Back again with some pictures, some of the work was done 2 weeks ago, unfortunately I didn't have much time to post anything, so here goes.

First of, the bench top sanded and washed, I've only sanded it to #240, once my shellac and natural beeswax polish is ready I'll sand it to about #1200, this should bring out the grain nicely.

After the sanding there was plenty of painting, I've painted all the cabinets on the insides as well as the drawer and painted the base on the outside. this was done over the course of the last couple of weeks, a coat of paint here and there after work.

This weekend I finally got around to sanding the cupboard doors and managed to fit them as well.

Another look with all the doors shut, the two end doors need to be straightened out and then fill the gap between them and the drawer, apart from that I'm happy with the way its all turning out.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 October 2009

Its been a couple of weeks again, I decided to laminate the benchtop with Tasmanian Oak, It's taken a bit of time give the glue needs to cure for 24hrs and the benchtop has to be done in 4 stages, the first was the right side of the top followed by the left side (shown below), The other 2 stages are the front trim ( shown further below) then the side trims.

Gluing of the bench.

The benchtop without the trims.

The benchtop with the front trim being glued on.

This was this weekends effort, I managed to cut and assemble two wall mount cupboards.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

19 September 2009

Today seemed to breeze along, I got the cabinet doors done, the doors are made of solid core ply panels with Tasmanian Oak trims. The doors still need to be sanded and cleaned up but I was eager to see what how it would look.

I also managed to cut part of the bench top, the bench top is only 18mm MDF here as I haven't decided what I'm going to use as the actual top dressing, maybe laminated Tasmanian Oak, not sure yet.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

13 September 2009

Haven't posted much lately, not to say i haven't been doing anything.

I've started building the cabinets for the shed, having an abundance of MDF laying around at work has made this rather cheap. Below are a couple of pictures, the first are the carcasses.

The carcasses on the base.

The end cabinet now with a drawer.

I mentioned a couple of posts back that I was installing a solar power system in the shed, below is the cabinet that will house the charging unit, fuse panel, pump timer and later the power inverter and anything else power related.

Monday, August 17, 2009

The sheds finished... well almost.

The personal access door is finally finished with the lock fitted, at the moment the door can only be opened and closed from the inside, I haven't decided yet if I want to extend the lock to the outside.

The gutter at the rear of the shed is now up as well so that completes the roof, I only need to attach some temporary drain pipes to the gutters until i can get my water tank.

Council have done their inspections and all is good so the shed has passed!

The only shed related work to be done now is to put the windows in (these weren't required for the inspection as they are not deemed part of the sheds structural design.)

I haven't had a chance to post much between being slack and other commitments, however I have been doing some things with relation to the shed, though not at the shed.

I have purchased a solar Panel, charger and battery as I wont be connecting mains power just yet. I have to build a bracket for the solar panel so I can mount it on the roof I am also making it adjustable for seasonal sunshine, more on that later.

Picture of the finished personal access door.
The door from the inside.

The guttering at the rear of the shed.